Skilled Ornamental Pruning for Your Trees and Shrubs
We can determine the type of pruning and trimming care necessary to maintain or improve the health, appearance, and safety of trees. Based in Hopewell Junction, New York, we know a lot about the arboreal landscape of Dutchess, Orange, and Ulster County, and both the scenic villages like Wappinger Falls, and the urban environments of Poughkeepsie. Our pruning and trimming care techniques include:
- removing limbs that interfere with wires, building facades, gutters, roofs, chimneys, or windows, or that obstruct streets or sidewalks, eliminating branches that rub each other
- removing dead or weak limbs that pose a hazard or may lead to decay
- removing diseased or insect-infested limbs
- creating better structure to lessen wind resistance and reduce the potential for storm damage
- training young trees to maintain a healthy shape as they grow
- removing limbs damaged by adverse weather conditions
- removing branches, or thinning, to increase light penetration
- improving the shape or silhouette of the tree
- shaping to improve site views, also referred to as “vista pruning”
Check out our blog article on the importance of pruning your trees, especially during the winter when the trees are in a dormant stage and the shape and condition of the overall tree is easy to inspect. Hudson Valley winters can be very intense and you can head off future problems by paying attention to what is going on with the structure underneath those beautiful green leaves.
Hill Treekeepers are trained to know what each tree needs to maintain healthy growth and visually appealing shape, so call them today to learn about how your trees can be weather-proofed and altered so you don’t have problems with branches sitting too low, too thickly, or completely lacking in balance and stability.