Tree and Shrub Planting and Total Plant Health Care
Soil, Roots, Branches, Pest Control, and More
Plant Health Care is a concept of preventive maintenance to keep trees in good health, which will help the tree better defend itself against insects, disease, and site problems. The techniques include:
- fertilization and mulching
- cabling or bracing for added support to branches with weak attachment
- soil aeration to improve root growth
- installation of lightning protection systems
- spraying or injecting to control certain insect and disease problems
- hazard assessments and proposed solutions to problems
- stump grinding
- tick/mosquito control
- tree and shrub protection from deer and other herbivores
- tree and shrub valuation for insurance and other purposes
- tree and shrub transplantation, including large trees
Hill Treekeepers will also help you with planting new trees, we will recommend the species of trees and large shrubs that are appropriate for a specific location. The wrong tree in the wrong location could lead to future problems as a result of limited growing space, insects, diseases, or poor growth. Check out our blog post on seasons for tree planting.
We also will know what trees and shrubs are likely to flourish in the climate and conditions of the Hudson River Valley and environs so that you will be investing wisely in your landscape. Any plant that is unable to tolerate the conditions of the soil or the seasonal weather is going to be an expensive problem, no matter how much you really want that specific kind of tree. As certified arborists, we will be able to advise you so that your new addition will be a joy for years.
We realize that as expert tree climbers (and all-around good guys) that we should let our customers know that we are available and willing to help when your pet cat has gotten in over its head climbing a tall tree and too scared to come back to earth after a reasonable period. If you are concerned about your cat’s ability to get safely down from a high tree, give us a call and we will help you get your beloved feline back in your arms again. We are listed in an online, national directory of “cat heroes”, too. This is a service for Dutchess, Orange, and Ulster counties.